Calcium is a major constituent of coralline algae, the skeletal material of hard corals and the skeletal needles of soft/leather corals
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Calcium is a major constituent of coralline algae, the skeletal material of hard corals and the skeletal needles of soft/leather corals. In many cases too low a calcium concentration retards coral and coralline algae growth.
• Calcium also fulfills many important biological functions.
• In a healthy aquarium, the growth and multiplication of corals, calcareous algae and other organisms can result in calcium depletion. To maintain a stable environment it is important that the calcium content should not fluctuate by more than 15 mg/L from the optimum range of 420 - 450 mg/L so regular testing should be carried out.
• This means that any calcium test used should have an accuracy of significantly less than 15mg/L otherwise it will be difficult to monitor such fluctuations.
• The Salifert test kit measures in steps of 5 mg/L and has an accuracy of 10 mg/L.
• The colour change is precise, detecting small but significant fluctuations in the concentration of calcium.
• The test is not affected by magnesium.
• Sufficient for at least 50 tests